Veterinary control is an obligatory procedure for those who travel with their pets. Vet control is carried out when importing and exporting pets across the border, its main function is to protect animals and the population of the country from various types of diseases and viruses.
Checking and registration of pets carried by airplane, train, car or ship takes place at the border points of veterinary control (PKVK).
To import and export from the Russian Federation are allowed healthy pets that have accompanying veterinary documents
Officially allowed to carry no more than two pets. If there are more pets, an additional Rosselkhoznadzor permit will be required; when transporting exotic animals it is necessary.
What is checked at the points of veterinary control:
- General health of your dog, cat or other pet;
- Veterinary passport of the animal (if necessary – the presence of a chip);
- Availability of necessary vaccinations (depending on the country of import and export of the animal);
- The presence of a veterinary certificate form 1 (or veterinary certificate of the Customs Union). In return for this certificate you will be given an international certificate that meets the requirements of the country of importation and exportation of the animal;
- If necessary, the seal “export is allowed” on shipping documents.
Recommendations for passing the point of veterinary control:
- When planning a trip and preparing documents for your pet, carefully study all the necessary requirements for the import and export of the animals of the country of destination;
- Usually on veterinary control there is a queue, so always lay this procedure for at least an hour;
- The procedure for the passage of veterinary control may occur in different ways depending on the country of destination. At one border, you can simply look at the documents, and on the other, the procedure will be more rigorous and time-consuming (especially in the EU countries). Therefore, always prepare a complete set of accompanying documents and strictly follow the official rules of the country of your destination.
- If, when preparing for a journey with a pet, you have any disputes, call the embassy or consulate of the country of destination or at the border checkpoint of veterinary control to dispel all doubts.
Below are the addresses and phone numbers of some points of veterinary control:
- The points of veterinary control of Sheremetyevo airport are located on the second floor of the terminal “E”, opposite the ticket sales office, telephones: 8 (495) 578-96-52, 8 (925) 081-87-03, and on the third floor of terminal “D” office A315, telephone: 8 (495) 578-24-24 (additional 6634);
- The Vnukovo airport veterinary control point is located on the second floor of the terminal “A”, office 3163, telephone 8 (495) 436-83-63;
- Veterinary control point of Domodedovo airport is located in the zone of arrival of the left wing of the general task area, telephone 8 (495) 967-83-96
- Veterinary control point of Pulkovo airport is located in the right wing of the building, telephone 8 (812) 324-34-44
- Veterinary control point of Koltsovo airport is located in Terminal B, telephones: 8 (950) 650-68-53, 8 (343) 226-88-96
- Veterinary control point of Tolmachevo airport, phone: 8 (383) 315-20-87
- The Veterinary Control Point of Borispol Airport is located on the third floor of Terminal D, phone: 380-44-281-75-92
Veterinary control point of Simferopol airport is located on Malchenko street 27, Paradise Hotel, rooms 30,32, phone: 8 (978) 936-77-71